cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Problems with installation of M15

Lu212
1-Newbie

Problems with installation of M15

Hi,

I tried several times to install Mathcad 15.0.

But always the same error appers:

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2350/installationmathcad15.jpg

I really do not know, what to do. It would be great, if someone of you could help me with the installation!

Greetings from Germany

Lutz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rag
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:Lu212)

Which flavor of windows are you using? XP, Vista, Win7?

From the top of my mind it could either be

the problem that you do not have enough rights (try installing with administrator rights)

or

you are missing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 redistributable package, which should be installed first (and automatically, I suppose).

Look in Systemsteuerung-Software if you see "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" (small, approx. 5 MB).

If not, look at your Mathcad CD for a file named "vcredist_x86.exe" and install manually. If not, you may download it from M$ here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displayLang=de

A word of caution: I personally still have not installed Mathcad15 myself yet and I just recall from my mind that MC14 uses that older version of the Visual C++ redistributables. As Mathcad 15 in reality is Mathcad 14 M040, I would assume this has not changed.

BTW, I think I have seen a newer Maintanance release of Mathcad 15 (with date code M005 instead the F000 you are trying to install) in the download section of PTC. I dont recall which problems are adressed with that release though but it could be worth looking for.

RaG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rag
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Which flavor of windows are you using? XP, Vista, Win7?

From the top of my mind it could either be

the problem that you do not have enough rights (try installing with administrator rights)

or

you are missing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 redistributable package, which should be installed first (and automatically, I suppose).

Look in Systemsteuerung-Software if you see "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" (small, approx. 5 MB).

If not, look at your Mathcad CD for a file named "vcredist_x86.exe" and install manually. If not, you may download it from M$ here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displayLang=de

A word of caution: I personally still have not installed Mathcad15 myself yet and I just recall from my mind that MC14 uses that older version of the Visual C++ redistributables. As Mathcad 15 in reality is Mathcad 14 M040, I would assume this has not changed.

BTW, I think I have seen a newer Maintanance release of Mathcad 15 (with date code M005 instead the F000 you are trying to install) in the download section of PTC. I dont recall which problems are adressed with that release though but it could be worth looking for.

RaG

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

If the problems consist you could try contacting the Mathcad License and Install team.

Mike

Lu212
1-Newbie

Thank you very much!
It worked!
I am using Win 7 Home Premium 64. And perhaps the F000 because it is the trial version.

But I think I will buy the student version, because it is a real great prgram!

Greetings From Germany

Lutz

Top Tags