cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Problems with text blocks, etc. moving around

ddenholm
6-Contributor

Problems with text blocks, etc. moving around

I am using MC Prime 3.1 on 64bit Win7.

I have a MC document with 1 collapsible region and a bunch of text blocks, text boxes and live equations.

The document is 9 pages long, I am using template headers and footers, and there are some inserted page breaks lower in the document.

I was entering some new content lower in the document and when I scrolled up to the earlier pages I found that a lot of the content had been messed up... Text blocks on top of each other, on top of text boxes and/or on top of equations.

It was quite difficult to clean up.

If someone can tell me if this is a known bug and if they can suggest a workaround to avoid this happening again, it would be appreciated.

This is very frustrating when it happens.

TIA,

--Doug

4 REPLIES 4
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:ddenholm)

I've noticed similar effects when either changing the grid size or pasting from one grid size to another. I don't know whether this is by design or a bug. I wonder if the root cause of this might be involved in your problem?

IMHO, any underlying grid should only affect the precision with which one can place a region. When the grid is changed, the "worst" that should happen is that the regions align to their nearest grid points. What it looks like is that they align to the corresponding grid Index.

Stuart

athurin
4-Participant
(To:StuartBruff)

I have had issues with vertical spacing between blocs when opening and collapsing regions. I don't know any workaround, and that's very frustrating ...

ddenholm
6-Contributor
(To:athurin)

I do have one collapsible region and I also used the "Remove Space" option under the Document tab.

I clicked on the "Remove Space" button when I was in the lower part of the document so I was not aware of it messing up the formatting in the earlier pages if, indeed, that was the source of the problem.

--Doug

ddenholm
6-Contributor
(To:StuartBruff)

I wasn't changing the grid size.

I did paste in some images from the clipboard and I suppose that might have caused the problem.

Maybe inserting using an image block would avoid this problem.

--Doug

Top Tags