cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Product Idea: Ability to display a Summary page at top of worksheet

ptc-5422562
1-Newbie

Product Idea: Ability to display a Summary page at top of worksheet

Mathcad is increasingly used to produce Stress Summary sheets. There is a requirement for these Stress Summaries to include an 'Executive Summary' section which shows, essentially, the results. Therefore, it would be essential for Mathcad to have the ability to display 'results' from the bottom of the worksheet, at the top; I am currently having to bend Mathcad to my needs with the use of macros and buttons etc.

1 REPLY 1

If you are using mathcad 15 (it might work in earlier versions, because it modifes the XML code there could be issues so always work with a copy !!) then the attached is one method to achieve what you want.

It uses a function sourced from this forum & I have used it for some time (mainly to force iteration of much larger calculations).

I don't remember now who the author was (Tom,Stuart, Richard, Mike & Wayne all seem to be in the frame) but it is incredibly useful & it is capable of still more.

The function & the summary variables can be hidden to minimise the visual impact.

I would advise the use of unique names for the summary variables to prevent the program from iterating unless that is specifically required, and if it is you will need an end-stop to stop infinite looping.

It won't translate into Prime (yet) as that doesn't allow for scripted components.

Regards

Andy

Top Tags