cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

ProductView question

ptc-5008454
1-Newbie

ProductView question

Hi All

I have a problem with ProductView Professional (I don't use ProE, I just use viewer to access models) - there is an option to email current model to someone, but when I click on this nothing happens. I was told that it is because the 3D file exceeds outlook maximum size but it doesn't work with the small files too. A small pop up window appears showing the creation of pvz file but after it is done, nothing happens (see attached file)

But ignoring the size of attachement allowed by Exchange server, shouldn't ProductView produce pvz file and place it in the email anyway? And when I send the email THEN exchange tells me that attachment was unsuccessful?

I ask as I often have big assemblies and want to save small portions of it. Nothing to do with sending it out to anyone - I just want to create a smaller version of the whole assembly and keep it on my HDD as opposed to loading it every time from the vault. This would take some load of our already slow network but also save me time wasted on hiding parts like packaging, enclosures etc, every time I open an assembly.

Saving as iges, stp works but pvz files seem to load much quicker and the only way to produce a pvz file using ProductView is to send the model out as an email attachement.

I'd appreciate if anyone could help

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

This is the Mathcad section of this forum.

Please ask in the Creo forum again to get the response you wish.

Top Tags