cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Program Creation of Nested Arrays

PED_Seattle
2-Guest

Program Creation of Nested Arrays

I am preparing a Mathcad V15 computation for Electric Fields at given points across a power line corridor. Long ago I created one with a limited number of circuits (1) and wires (5) that processes correctly. The problem requires consideration of the effects of x energized wires at each point k in the corridor and time position b.  The process is to compute charge and then electric field from each of x wires at each k over all b, sum over all x wires, then select the maximum values of EX and EY at each k. My early slim computation used brute force to eliminate the x dimension of wires.  So I would create QM1 = QM[1 for the charge say and have a function QM1[b,k]. This requires creating a separate equation for each QM, one per wire.  My programming effort is aimed at allowing variable input via a matrix and automatically processing the necessary equations to compute an answer.  My problem is getting the new programs to work through the three variables.  I attach my OK first slim document, a version of my new document and two pdf copies annotated for reference. Really I think all I need is some guidance on how to set up 3-dimensional problems with nested arrays and programs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Look if the attached file helps. I have just done the calculation of EX.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Look if the attached file helps. I have just done the calculation of EX.

Werner

You helped solve the nested array. Thank you very much.  I will proceed. I have other issues where the results (graphs) are shifted from what I would expect.  That should be a matter of tracking the computations across the corridor and I will sniff it out.

Thanks again for taking the time to help.

Paul

Top Tags