cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Programming a loop for iteration solving problem. "Expresion is divided by zero" error.

ptc-5051536
1-Newbie

Programming a loop for iteration solving problem. "Expresion is divided by zero" error.

Hello Mathcad community!

I'm unexpirienced Mathcad user, but I was able to solve all my problems and misunderstandings by myself. Till now.

I'm need to calculate thickness of segments of the wall for container. It's sort of empirical method(so there is bit mess with units) and requires simple iteration.

I had done some programming in Mathcad prime succesfully, but now I can't find where my mistake is.

I'm attaching sheet and imgs.

Thank you for any kind of help.

PS.

I'm using Mathcad Prime 2.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For i=5 x2=0, then i is incremented and tn6=0. Next you divide by tn6 and this throws the error. See attached.

Unfortunately Prime does not have any serious debugging tools like real Mathcad (15) has.

You may reconsider and check you iteraton formulas.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

For i=5 x2=0, then i is incremented and tn6=0. Next you divide by tn6 and this throws the error. See attached.

Unfortunately Prime does not have any serious debugging tools like real Mathcad (15) has.

You may reconsider and check you iteraton formulas.

Wow, I was so blinded.

Thank you for finding my mistake. Indeed my formulas was faulty.

Cheers

Although Prime 2.0 does have some utility as a scratchpad, it should be called "Not Ready for Prime Time 2.0" so users don't get their hopes up.

Top Tags