cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Programming in MathCAD Prime 3

OLUBUKOLAADEBOY
7-Bedrock

Programming in MathCAD Prime 3

Good Afternoon Community,

If anybody can tell me why I'm not getting an output to the attached file. My goal is to calculate the lateral stiffness of a pile group called alpha_sub_uF, but when I substitute the pile spacing S_p and xi in the procedure, I did not get any output. I have cut and paste the equation I'm trying to program at the bottom of the worksheet. Please help.

Regards,

Boyer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prime numbers by default matrix elements beginning from 0, not from 1. This is determined by the system variable ORIGIN.

So either you rewrite your routine so that the loops run fron 0 to np-1 (as opposed to 1 to np) or you set ORIGIN to 1. Personally I prefer to use the default ORIGIN=1.

As you have created alpha_uF as a function you have to provide arguments when you call it.

1.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Prime numbers by default matrix elements beginning from 0, not from 1. This is determined by the system variable ORIGIN.

So either you rewrite your routine so that the loops run fron 0 to np-1 (as opposed to 1 to np) or you set ORIGIN to 1. Personally I prefer to use the default ORIGIN=1.

As you have created alpha_uF as a function you have to provide arguments when you call it.

1.png

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

Personally I prefer to use the default ORIGIN=1.

You mean "Personally I prefer to use the default ORIGIN=0".

Richard Jackson wrote:

Personally I prefer to use the default ORIGIN=1.

You mean "Personally I prefer to use the default ORIGIN=0".

Sure yes - a typo.

Special thanks to all of you in the community.

Regards,

Boyer

Top Tags