cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Quicksheets and 3-D/contour plot modules

ptc-4712080
1-Newbie

Quicksheets and 3-D/contour plot modules

Dear PlanetPTC,

I started using Mathcad 15 on an educational (student) license about a month ago. I bought two copies and installed them on both of my laptops. One seems to work completely fine, but the other copy has two issues that I ave encountered so far. The issues happen on a 32-bit Windows 7 that meets all of the hardware requirements for Mathcad (the non-troublesome copy is on a 64-bit Windows 7).

(1) The help documentation's quicksheets are not accessible. When I try to access them, the error message (pic below) shows up. I have tried re-installing the software from the original CD and the 241MB download available from the PTC site, both to no avail. The same error message keeps showing up. I have looked in other discussions of Mathcad 15 and tried only downloading the files associated with the quicksheets, and that did not seem to work either.

(2) Both the 3-D plot and the contour plots do not work. When I try to create a new one of either type, a blank small box (just big enough for one character) shows up, and regardless of what I do to that box, nothing even remotely plot-like ensues. I tried creating a plot in the other Mathcad copy that works, and when I open the graph that was created in a different copy of Mathcad, I get an untraceable error message telling me that I cannot specify a "null" value, and it also says "Parameter name: pUnk". I am not sure how to interpret this error message.

Is this an issue encountered with any of the other Mathcad versions or with any other type of license? Please advise.

1 REPLY 1
Top Tags