cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

RE: Mathcad Fatal Error

aroberts
7-Bedrock

RE: Mathcad Fatal Error

I would appreciate it if anyone has a solution to this problem. I have never had this error before as far as I can recall and I have used Mathcad 15 (student version) for two years with no trouble. I am working on homework (plotting collected data points, nothing challenging here), when Mathcad suffers a fatal error and crashes. It prompts me to save my work but doesn't actually. It also gives me a "Warning", which really is useless at that point since Matlab becomes non-functional. I have included a screenshot.

matlab+crashes.jpg

I rely pretty heavily on mcad so any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:aroberts)

The first thing you should try is to repair the Mathcad installation.

Thank you for your suggestions. I did send a request through the academic support request. Unfortunatly running a repair did not solve the problem. I did fail to mention the the error occurs specifically when I try to edit the trace upon opening properties. I was trying to change the linetype but instead there is no content under the trace tab and mathcad just hangs up.

Can you post the sheet so we can see if the problem is your installation or the worksheet?

Please attach your worksheet for testing.

Sorry for the delay, I did hear a response from the good folks at PTC who made the reccomendation to delete a particular file. I gues this was somehow corrupted. I just took the nuclear option and reinstalled it (remove it and reinstall). That fixed it.

Top Tags