cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

RUNNING MATHCAD OVER DIFFERENT INPUT VALUE AND EXPORT SEPARATELY

beginner
4-Participant

RUNNING MATHCAD OVER DIFFERENT INPUT VALUE AND EXPORT SEPARATELY

Hi everybody,

my question is very simple but, as the same time, a bit complicate.

I would like running a Mathcad sheet over different input values. At the beginning, I solve the problem with equations in vector modus, but I need increase the calculus with several conditionals and complicate equations. Vector modus gives me a lot of problems and the number of table rows will change.

I thought, maybe it will be possible runs equations on each table rows (from 1 to N) and export results to an Excel files. Is it possible?

Another idea was running Mathcad sheet over different input excel files. Output results would be exported and stored to each excel file. ¿?

Thanks in advance.

You are great 

7 REPLIES 7

Its a long standing feature wish of the Mathcad community to be able to turn a Mathcad shet or a portion of it into a function.

On idea which comes to min is to turn every calculated value into a function dependent on all input variables. This can become boring and cumbersome, though.

Every function is written to deal with scalar arguments but can be call (vectorized) with a vector of input values ar argument.

See attached file (Prime 4 format)

EDIT: I added a PDF print of the file as well

Posted example opened in Prime 3.0.  He won't be able to read your Prime 4. . .

wrote:

Posted example opened in Prime 3.0.  He won't be able to read your Prime 4. . .

Thats bad, but there's nothing that can be done (other than posting a pdf printout, which I eventually will do later).

When working on a machine with Prime 4 installed you don't realize which version an opened file was originally. And even if you could it won't help as P4 cannot save in older formats - stupid PTC 😞

You can also attach PDF version of your Prime 4.0 worksheet.

wrote:

You can also attach PDF version of your Prime 4.0 worksheet.

Yes, I already promised to do that in my last reply and now I just added a pdf tpo the former post of mine.

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:beginner)

With Prime 3.1 & higher, I believe it would be possible to use the API to set the values of your inputs to various values, save each iteration as a separate worksheet (if desired), and get the output values.

The API code could be written as an Excel macro that iterates through several rows of input values in a spreadsheet, and gets the Mathcad output for each.

Unfortunately, I do not currently have time to generate an example.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:beginner)

Your problem might be solvable with the method discussed here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/Excel-to-MathCAD-and-Results-Back-to-Excel/m-p/498507#M178171

Success!

Luc

Top Tags