cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Raise to power

dmarzi
1-Newbie

Raise to power

Hi everyone,

I'm a student and I'm new in PTC. I'm trying Mathcad Prima 3.1 free for 30 days. I have a little problem. Sorry if this is not the right section to post this question.

I was trying some elementar functions and when I want to raise to power using ^ button, Mathcad returns me the command "if ||" for programming. What's the matter? Using a text box there are no problems. I've tryied all the shortcuts and everything works. This is the only problem, my shortcut (^) for raising to power doesn't work. I'm missing something? Thank you very much for your answers. Best regards

David

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:dmarzi)

This is a known bug with the Italian keyboard. There are similar problems with other international keyboards. It's been known a very long time (see https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Mathcad-prime-1-0-bug-with-keyboard-shortcuts-with-Italian/m-p/291824#200060), so I don't understand why PTC can't get their act together to fix it.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hi,

Please send your issue with Italian keyboard layout for PTC's technical support by using "Mathcad Support Center": http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm

athurin
4-Participant

Mathcad is just terrible with non-US keyboards. Most users with non-US keyboards have issues.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:athurin)

Adrien Thurin wrote:

Mathcad is just terrible with non-US keyboards. Most users with non-US keyboards have issues.

Hey, we all have issues.  US-keyboard owners just deal with it in a different way ...

The Second Amendment in action.

athurin
4-Participant
(To:StuartBruff)

No second amendment for me, unfortunately ...

1212743662xdGQ23.jpg

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:athurin)

It is one of those many problems that are best solved by using a bigger hammer.

Top Tags