cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Reading in variable content into RTF text box

Raiko
16-Pearl

Reading in variable content into RTF text box

Hi fellow MCrs,

I'm trying to display varying values in a RTF textbox. I'd like to pass over a variable to the RTF command line (as supplied by Samir Khan) and it is displayed with all powers and indicees in the proper place. Apparently, the command line does take the varibale name literally and instead of the variables content I get the variable name; see attached MC file (MC 15)

Does anybody with a deeper RTF knowledge know a work around?

Thanks in advance

Raiko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndyWesterman
4-Participant
(To:Raiko)

I've added a little string handling to create the text , I think that what you were trying to do probably worked in ver 11 (dependant on maple functions).

It works in a fashion on my machine (windows 7) but when I open the sheet all the text appears at the top left corner.

Insert a line before the RTFtext boxes & the text shifts into both.

A bug?? or does the RTFtext box need a trigger to reset it?

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Can you disable the Scripted objects and repost the worksheet. I am having problems when opening.

Mike

Here you are

Raiko

AndyWesterman
4-Participant

I've added a little string handling to create the text , I think that what you were trying to do probably worked in ver 11 (dependant on maple functions).

It works in a fashion on my machine (windows 7) but when I open the sheet all the text appears at the top left corner.

Regards

Andy

Thanks a lot! It works.

Raiko

P.S.

I have the same peculiar behaviour on my machine (Win 7, 64 bit). Perhaps the graphic driver, because scrolling a page down and up again remedies the situation. Weird!!!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I see the same thing under XP. Some sort of weird bug.

Incidentally, I am 99.9% sure that rtf text box came from Alvaro, not Samir.

Nice Andy,

This could come in very handy when writing programs in work.

Mike

Top Tags