cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Removing "last used files" in MATHCAD PRIME 5.0

ClemensNader
6-Contributor

Removing "last used files" in MATHCAD PRIME 5.0

Dear Community,

as the Subject Title already refers to my question: How can i remove the last used file in Mathcad Prime 5.0?
I've searched in the registry similiar to Mathcad 15.0 but unfortunately something like that does not exist? Is there a function/setting or something like that? I´ve added a screenshot of the mentioned last used files which i want to remove.

Would appreciate every helpful answer related to the topic.

TY

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ClemensNader)

Check the following path:

C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Local\PTC\MathcadPrime.exe_Url_<blablabla>

Where:

<your name> should be your name

<blablabla> is some long string of characters and numbers.

It contains a subdirectory, that contains a file named user.config.

This user.config file is an xml file that you can open with notepad.

In there you will find "MyMRUItems" and following is a list of your Most Recently Used Items.

You can either edit this user.config file (to remove the MRUI entries), or delete the file altogether.

This file was at least once indicated as a source for not starting Prime.

(See https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Mathcad-Prime-3-doesn-t-work-Error-quot-An-Unhandle-exception/m-p/368648#M144267 )

The advice was to delete it. Prime should be able to recreate it upon restart.

Oh: some of the directories in that path may be hidden. You'll first need to make them visible.

Success!
Luc

Ok thank you for your help.
I was able to find the config file and also detected the name of these files. But now my question: Firstly: What did you mean with edit the file, that it deletes all of the last used files?
And secondly: how much of these lines in the config file can i delete, to remove the files without destroying it?

TY

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ClemensNader)

It should be safe to delete any segment (complete lines) from

<MruFileItem>

to (including)

</MruFileItem>

Or you can delete the entire file, as Prime will recreate the file as needed (indicated by the hint to completely delete the file when Prime wouldn't start up properly, see the linked subject).

Success!
Luc

Top Tags