cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Repeating periodic function

ptc-3474291
1-Newbie

Repeating periodic function

Hi!

You guys have been such a help for me, and tommerow is my final exam. Yay!
Though, I still have one problem.. I really can't figure out how to make a repeating periodic function.

An example would be the uploaded file, where I'm trying to make a function look like this.

Udklip.PNG
Though I can make the function from -2 -> 2, I cannot figure out how to make it repeatable, like the picture.
I really do appericiate any help I can get!

Best regards
Ben

2 REPLIES 2
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-3474291)

Here's a screen capture from MC15. Sorry, I'm too lazy to convert it to Prime

Make+periodic.png

The MC15 file Richard is referring to can be found here: http://communities.ptc.com/message/234703#234703

But both make_periodic() routines there assume that the base function is defined in the range of 0 to T, which is not the case here.

Find attached both routines modified so that you freely can specify start and end of the interval (in your case -2 to 2).

Your function definition was undefined outside of [-2; 2[. I changed it to return NaN for values outside that interval.

I also added another (unusual) way to define your function - it defaults to zero outside the interval (like the function Richard had shown in the pic).

03.06.png

====================================

03.06_.png

Top Tags