cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Resolution oscillation frequency

lramoslima
8-Gravel

Resolution oscillation frequency

Hello everyone !

I'm new Mathcad user and do not have much practice with the tool. I would like to help.

Can anyone help me solve this problem with Mathcad?

To determine the frequency of oscillation of the pendulum harmonic figure next to

Data :Ex 1.jpg

m = 5 Kg

K1 = 50 N/m

K2 = 130 N/m

mR = 10 kg

R = 1,2 m

Applying the solution by the energy equation method

Ex 1 - 2.jpg

Simply:

Ex 1 - 3.jpg

Deriving and operating:

Ex 1 - 4.jpg

Replacing variables:

Ex 1 - 5.jpg

Simply:

Ex 1 - 6.jpg

The expression of the natural frequency is thus:

Ex 1 - 7.jpg

Ex 1 - 8.jpg

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:lramoslima)

So....what is there (left) to be solved?

Luc

Yes, All equations

Thanks !

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Still not clear what you are after.

You say you're a new Mathcad user. If you want to learn, then start NOW by entering your equations in Mathcad. Indicate where you cannot go further and attach your sheet with an appropriate problem explanation.

Success!

Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

Or is it that you've made a mistake, because in your expression for omega.n the unit does not come out as rad/s:

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

Sorry, my fault. Had myself mislead by the symbolic processor not being able to manipulate units.

The units for omega.n are OK:

Luc

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Assuming that the system is immersed in a conservative gravitational field, you should also consider the potential energy of the mass m. Or the system is in outer space free from gravitational field?

... or in a lake, just where the displaced water equals the 5 kgf. For know how deepest, must to know the mass volume ... and the density distribution, maybe isn't homogeneous ... and the water salinity and temperature, atmospheric pressure, and wind speed (don't know for what, but always it's a good data).

Alvaro.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:AlvaroDíaz)

... I do not think that it is the case to exaggerate, since we are facing a problem, for students of theoretical mechanics.

Top Tags