cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Root this function cannot be used here HELP

Olinde
2-Guest

Root this function cannot be used here HELP

Hello all!

Im new to MathCAD and Im trying to use the root function to solve a series of functions, but I keep getting an error which says "This function cannot be used here" in the root expression. Anyone got any clue?

Can anyone check my spreadsheet? Its on the last page, thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Found it.  The equation for AsA(A) should not have square brackets.  Now it returns a value so does not require the indexing.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

The function you are trying to find the root of returns a vector with one value.  To use the root your function must return a single value.

Workaround is enclosed.  You just need to take the first and only element of the vector as the result of the function.

Capture.PNG

Cheers

Terry

Hi,

The function you are trying to find the root of returns a vector with one value.  To use the root your function must return a single value.

Workaround is enclosed.  You just need to take the first and only element of the vector as the result of the function.

Capture.PNG

Cheers

Terry

Thanks for the reply Terry.

Do you have any clue why it returns a vector and not a single value? Im following an example and the only differences is the constants of a couple of my variable yet the example can get the root to return a single value.

Hi,

Found it.  The equation for AsA(A) should not have square brackets.  Now it returns a value so does not require the indexing.

Capture.PNG

My man, you saved our day. Thank you very much!

Top Tags