cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Running Multiple Scenarios of Worksheet.

cdoherty
1-Newbie

Running Multiple Scenarios of Worksheet.

Hi all,

I have a Mathcad work sheet that I would like to create a process to batch a number of inputs and get the outputs in excel and I was wondering if this is possible?

The worksheet determine the stability of a cable under different different wave heights, water depths and currents. Currently I am having to put the information in manually each time I want to check some results however this is taking a long time.

Could someone please let me know if it is possible to batch process using Mathcad?

Thanks

Chris.

3 REPLIES 3

You have to turn your calculations into a function(functions) depending on the variables you wish to vary and call this function with the different values you want the calculations being done for. Either singly or maybe put in a vector.

Hi thanks for your reply. Would you happen to have an example?

Chris Doherty wrote:

Hi thanks for your reply. Would you happen to have an example?

OK, lets show what I mean with the simple example of calculating the volume of a cylinder for given radius and height. I used a (normally unnecessary) auxiliary quantity "base" to show that kind of "nested" functions, too, which can make turning a ready made calculation sheet into a function quite a hassle.

Instead of

16.01.png

you write

16.01.png

and use it that way

16.01.png

Another way would be to turn the whole calculation into 1 function, but I think thats not advisable for longer calculations

16.01.png

Use it as before

16.01.png

Top Tags