cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Scriptable objects will not work MathCAD 15

ptc-5365984
1-Newbie

Scriptable objects will not work MathCAD 15

I have Mathcad 15 installed on a Windows 7 computer. Everything works fine except when I want to create a scriptable object (or web control). If I open a file that had scriptable objects in them they do not work...they appear with only small arrows. See attached.

I tried registering these as indicated in another post I found online:

MichaelH wrote:

I stumbled across the solution to this while looking form something else in the Help files.

For some unknown reason, the components (.mcm files for text box, list box, and so on) were not "registered" in MC15 when it installed, although they were in the Mathcad folder.

The problem is solved by finding "mcmreg.exe" and opening it. A dialog box appears showing various folders. You then navigate to the folder where the .mcm files are located (typically C:\Program Files\Mathcad\Mathcad 15\mcm) and select all the .mcm files and click open. Another dialog will appear indicating that all the files were registed.

That's it.

issue.JPG

3 REPLIES 3

I also have Mathcad 15 and a Windows 7 computer, and I have been having the same problem with the scriptable objects not working.

I followed MichaelH's recommendation and I registered all of the components (the .mcm files) and that appeared to fix the problem. However, anytime I restart my computer, the registration is lost and I have to re-register all of the components in order to get the scriptable components to work. How can I get this solution to work permanently even after a computer re-start?

Also, I noticed there are .mcm files for different languages (English, Spanish, French, etc.). My company has offices all over the world. So do we need to register all of the .mcm files, or only the ones in the appropriate language?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-6301359)

Do you have administrator rights on the PC? Even if you do, you should right click on mcmreg.exe and select "run as administrator". That might fix it.

I think you only need to register the .mcm files for the specific language.

It appears that using the right click "run as administrator" option fixes the problem. I have restarted my computer a couple of times now and I no longer need to re-register the components each time.

Top Tags