cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Showing a graph on Pro/E drawing

AntonioVillanue
8-Gravel

Showing a graph on Pro/E drawing

If I have a graph generated in MathCAD, is it possible to copy that to a Pro/E drawing? Not as an image, I can do that from Excel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi folks,

In the latest version of the ProE-Mathcad integrations we can generate curves and surfaces in Mathcad and send them to ProE to be used in sweeps and extrusions etc. So say we plot in Mathcad sin(x). We can send the points from that graph to ProE to be rendered as a curve. None of the axis, legends or plot titles will be transfered .. simply the points.

John

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

If not as an image, then as what?

Vector data. DXF. not raster.

Well, I don't know wnaything about Pro/E, but can you use "Paste Special" and paste as a picture (or metafile, or enhanced metafile)? If you can then you should be able to do that with an Excel graph too though. If you can't, then the limitation to bitmaps is within Pro/E.

How that you generate vector data from Mathcad?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

How that you generate vector data from Mathcad?

Is that a question?

Mike

You want to copy a graph onto a live 3D model?

Mike

Hi folks,

In the latest version of the ProE-Mathcad integrations we can generate curves and surfaces in Mathcad and send them to ProE to be used in sweeps and extrusions etc. So say we plot in Mathcad sin(x). We can send the points from that graph to ProE to be rendered as a curve. None of the axis, legends or plot titles will be transfered .. simply the points.

John

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jsheehan)

That's a very nice feature. Do you mean Creo?

Mike

Hi Mike,

No I meant Wildfire 5.0, latest release. I am not certain of the story of Mathcad and Creo

John

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jsheehan)

Cheers for clearing that up.

Good to know that can be done.

Mike

Top Tags