Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shows variable is undefined

SOLVED

Re: Shows variable is undefined

Thank you very much for your reply. I am still learning Mathcad and trying to know the syntaxes to make my coding nice and efficient. I liked the first one that you have helped me out. This calculation set was done for one value of Z, is it possible to make it happen for a set of Z's and get segmentwise outputs for each Z. I can make it in a way which might be too long and not great.

You mean you have a vector of Z-values and each Z-value should calculate a 9 element vector?

What kind of data structure do you expect the result to be? A 9xn matrix or a nested vector?

I mean I have a vector of Z-values and each Z-value should calculate an m element vector? Here, m is the number of rows/values in the "I" vector. I need to have an nxm matrix where each column represents one depth

Here is an approach which returns a nested vector

B.png

Worksheet in P4 format attached

The (kai subscript "0") should not be constant. It will change the way as you have shown me in the if else loop. I am trying to do this whole calculation set for an n element "Z" vector where the "I" is also an m-element vector.

I can do the whole in only one column vector but I am trying to implement it in different columns where each column represents one depth. I have attached my work

Are these really the correct values you need?

B1.PNG

If yes, then the calculation can be simplified and corrected so the result is a true vector:

B2.PNG

Now we can go ahead and create a function which returns a matrix - one column for every value of Z. Again, Z.new should be a vector, not a range. That way the result is a true vector/matrix and we can use it to build a table, export the values, ....

B3.PNG

Worksheet in format P5 attached

Thank you very much again Werner_E. This works like a magic. I am really thankful. In the final stack, how can I get a value for a particular column and row. For example, if I need to find the value at 3m depth for rainfall of  0.5 mm/hr.  I can do for a single column or, a single row but not at a particular element.

@fahmed-2 wrote:

Thank you very much again Werner_E. This works like a magic. I am really thankful. In the final stack, how can I get a value for a particular column and row. For example, if I need to find the value at 3m depth for rainfall of  0.5 mm/hr.  I can do for a single column or, a single row but not at a particular element.

Not sure if I understand your problem.

You may use normal matrix indices to access single elements:

B.PNG

Highlighted

You can even use the table T I created to define an interpolation function so you can evaluate it at arbitrary values for I and Z or plot the 2D-surface.

The routine in the attach uses simple linear interpolation but you may use spline interpolation as well.

B.PNG