cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Signal Processing Extension Pack Query...

mshaw-3
1-Newbie

Signal Processing Extension Pack Query...

Hi,

I have Matchcad Prime 3 [ACADEMIC] and Mathcad 15 [ACADEMIC]. I can use the Signal Processing functions wihtin Prime but not within Mathcad 15. I'm guessing the pack isn't installed for 15 due to the Academic license. What I don't quite understand is why I can access the functions in Prime - are they built into Prime by default but need the extension pack installing for 15?

Is there anyway of installing the pack for 15 - I've been on the PTC downloads site but I can't find anything for 15. I'm guessing though that my license level determines whether I have it or not...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mike Shaw wrote:

Hi,

I have Matchcad Prime 3 [ACADEMIC] and Mathcad 15 [ACADEMIC]. I can use the Signal Processing functions wihtin Prime but not within Mathcad 15. I'm guessing the pack isn't installed for 15 due to the Academic license. What I don't quite understand is why I can access the functions in Prime - are they built into Prime by default but need the extension pack installing for 15?

Is there anyway of installing the pack for 15 - I've been on the PTC downloads site but I can't find anything for 15. I'm guessing though that my license level determines whether I have it or not...

Your guess is correct. In Mathcad 15 the signal processsing as well as three other packages are extension packs which are not part of the academic version. Nevertheless they are installed on your machine, too, (no need to look for a download) and you will also see the appropriate E-handbooks from within Mathcad's help, but the license file tells Mathcad that you are not allowed to use them. I guess that the only way to get access to those functionality is to upgrade your license to a non-academic single user license.

As you already found out those very same extension packs made their way into Prime and are part of the regular distribution even in the academic version.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mike Shaw wrote:

Hi,

Your guess is correct. In Mathcad 15 the signal processsing as well as three other packages are extension packs which are not part of the academic version. Nevertheless they are installed on your machine, too, (no need to look for a download) and you will also see the appropriate E-handbooks from within Mathcad's help, but the license file tells Mathcad that you are not allowed to use them. I guess that the only way to get access to those functionality is to upgrade your license to a non-academic single user license.

As you already found out those very same extension packs made their way into Prime and are part of the regular distribution even in the academic version.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:mshaw-3)

I think you will have to upgrade to a non-academic single user license.

Thankyou. Looks like I will be using Prime for my Signal Processing experiments

Top Tags