cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Simple System of Equations not Solving

Theo_Gagner
6-Contributor

Simple System of Equations not Solving

Hello,

I am returning using Mathcad Prime after a hiatus, and I have a simple system of equations to solve for. The system will become more complex with more output variables, but I want to incrementally build into those relationships.  Initially, I want to solve for Fact in terms of the other variables.  This could clearly be re-arranged algebraically by hand, but I would like Mathcad to do it.  However, it will not solve. Any ideas? I have clearly missed something obvious.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

And here is the second approach I mentioned in my reply above, letting do Prime all the necessary steps.

You decide, which variables you don't want to see in the answer and solve for ALL of them (three equations - three variables to solve for):

Werner_E_1-1586974383802.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Theo_Gagner)

Theo,

while it's said that a picture can paint a thousand words....

A worksheet helps much more in provising infomation to solve your problem.

Please attach your worksheet.

Luc

Is there any reason why Prime should not answer with F.act=K.str * delta.act ? 🙂

In case you would like Prime to replace delta.act with v.act*t and then replace v.act with the expression on the RHS of your first equation, you can try to tell Prime to do so using the "substitute" command.

What you show clearly is NOT a system of equations to solve (otherwise you would have to tell Prime to solve for three variables, not just for one)!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Theo_Gagner)

Here's an example:

LucMeekes_0-1586973191719.png

Success!

Luc

And here is the second approach I mentioned in my reply above, letting do Prime all the necessary steps.

You decide, which variables you don't want to see in the answer and solve for ALL of them (three equations - three variables to solve for):

Werner_E_1-1586974383802.png

Top Tags