cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Simple mathcad problem

ptc-6470500
1-Newbie

Simple mathcad problem

Hi all,

This should be a simple problem to solve for anyone with experience with Mathcad, I wish I had the patience to figure it out for myself, but I don't.

I have an asset list made up of thousands of item numbers and there associated item costs, from this list I have been given a selection of item numbers of which I would like to determine there costs.

Could anyone provide me with a programme where I can input the list item numbers and their costs will automatically be found, im sure similar questions have been asked, so possibly you could direct me to link.

Much appreciated,

James

2 REPLIES 2
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6470500)

This depends on the format of your data. If the data is inside Mathcad you could use one of the lookup functions.

Please post an example.

Agree with Mike. The lookup functions should do the job, I guess. Alas, we cannot be sure as long a we don't have a worksheet which shows the correct datastructure used, shows which version of Mathcad we are talking about, shows what exactly the output should be and shows the attempts you already made.

After all its a bit unclear what the function you are demanding should provide.

• input a single part number, output the appropriate cost value
  • input a vector of part numbers, output a vector of the appropriate cost values
  • input a vector of part numbers, output the total sum of costs.
  • input a matrix of part numbers and number of items, output the total sum of costs.
Top Tags