Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sin Function

Highlighted

Sin Function

The sin function in the attached file should yield an answer for the angle of b = 37 degree I would like help understanding why it does not. The answer that Mathcad yields is in red.

Mark Porter
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Sin Function

Please repost as the attachment did not make it to the Collaboratory.
---------------------
Physics: Common Sense made Obscure by Mathematics
Highlighted

Sin Function

This is a re-submit to contain the previously missed file

The sin function in the attached file should yield an answer for the angle of b = 37 degree I would like help understanding why it does not. The answer that Mathcad yields is in red.

Mark M. Porter
Highlighted

Sin Function

This is the missing file for the sin problem

Mark M. Porter
Highlighted

Sin Function

Your file is still not coming through. Click on attach file above
Highlighted

Sin Function

Your file is still not coming through. Click on attach file above, then be sure to browse and select your file. If this is still not working, you may want to send the file to support@mathsoft.com.

Mona
Highlighted

Sin Function

Posted on behalf of Mark Porter.
Highlighted

Sin Function

There are two problems in the file that i see. First, the definition of kN should be 1000*N (in the posted file it is 100*N). The second problem is that you changed the definition of the sin(x) function. Use the symbollic equals sign (ctrl=) instead of the := to manipulate equations.
Highlighted

Sin Function

So my mistake was not in defining the variable "b" but it was in modifying the sin function where I was just trying to show my work. The Boolean equal does not resolve an answer unless symbolics is used. Thank you very much for clearing that up.

Mark Porter
Announcements