cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Smart Import from MS Excel

fchavez
1-Newbie

Smart Import from MS Excel

Hello comunity!, Im asking this question to you for obtain a "trick" in the importation of huge amount of data from excel to mathcad prime v2, for automatically detecting the number of rows of data for the import process.

Supose that you have a software that generates an output file of 2 columns and variable quantity of rows, then you need to import it in your Prime sheet...so, what is your trick to do that?.

I can think of 3 ways for doing that:

• Use the Excel Component to compute the "range" of actual row data (like "DAT!A1:A300") and use in the "Out Expression" section. This trick dont work for me :[
  • Previusly extract the "range" of values in an Excel Component, then copy/paste the component and use the past variable in the "Out Expression". That work, but required double Components (more spaces, more memory, etc).
  • Use the Excel Component to compute the "number of rows with numbers" (like 200) and use an higher value of row for initially extract the raw data (for example, use a value of 5000 rows), then apply an redimension of the outputed data (using the function submatrix) with a number of rows equal to "row-1" for ORIGIN:=0. That's the trick I used every day.

I uploaded 2 files: an excel and mathcad file, please...put both of them in the same folder, then run the mathcad prime v2. I wrote my question there.

The best method that I wish to be able to work is the 1st..i.e using variables obtained in the "Out Expression" in the same Component..w/o using a 2nd Compoment, because the 3rd method use a lot of memory in my computations with huge data (20000 rows or more).

Please, help me with that..

Best regards,

Francisco Chavez Contreras

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags