cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

SolidWorks - MathCAD Integration

SriramVS
1-Newbie

SolidWorks - MathCAD Integration

Hey ,

I need to wheter MathCAD 15.0 can support SolidWorks 2009 ? Any idea ? Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8

Hello!

The plug-in for integration Mathcad with Pro/E can be found on page of loading PTC, here (Mathcad/SolidWorks Integration):

http://www.ptc.com/community/free-downloads.htm

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/linkothumbredirect.jsp?&im_dbkey=125307&icg_dbkey=841

The citation from the description on integration of these products:

Description.jpg

The current free downloaded sample of Mathcad integrating to Solidworks was developered in Mathcad 15 on XP-32 with Solidworks 2010. It was tested against Solidworks 2011 as well. This version should work with 2009, although I did not test it. The previous version supported 2008 and 2009.

Let me know if you have any troubles.

John

Hi John,

did the SolidWorks MatCad Integration works with Prime2 ?

Regards

Gerd Korhammer

You can find some comment in this blog post: http://blogs.ptc.com/2013/05/02/points-lines-and-triangles-oh-my/

"John has indicated that the timeframe for Solidworks 12-13 integration will most likely occur in the release of PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0".

A new plug-in "SolidWorks - PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 Lite Integration" for Mathcad Prime and SolidWorks 2014/2015 integration is available, here:

Solidworks Integration Plugin for PTC Mathcad | PTC

Thank You - PTC Mathcad/SolidWorks Integration Add-In | PTC

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks for providing the integration between Mathcad and SolidWorks.  The cammand I am using is "regasm c:\swmc\mathcadprime.dll /codebase".  I have tried the installation process and get the following error:

"RegAsm : error RA0000 : Unable to located input assembly 'c:\swmc\mathcadprime' or one of its dependencies'

The following files are located in c:\swmc:

mathcadprime.dll

solidworkstools.dll

ptc.mathcadprime.automation.dll

I have run the regasm command in both the "framework" and "framework64" directories.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

David Tg

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:tietjee)

Hi David,

I would recommend to contact directly to the author of this integration - John Sheehan (email: -😞

John T Sheehan

Hi David, I had the same issue when I installed it. For me, it was because I was on a 64-bit machine so the installation instructions in "SolidWorks-Mathcad Prime Integration User Guide.pdf" were slightly wrong.

Instead of steps b and c, I had to type the following command:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe C:\Mathcad\MathcadPrime.dll /codebase

where "C:\Mathcad" represents the directory where your MathcadPrime.dll and SolidWorksTools.dll files are located.

If there are spaces in any of the folder names in the path, you may need to surround the path with double quotes: " "

Then, in Solidworks, do File->Open-> and find MathcadPrime.dll and open it.

Nothing will happen (the screen might flicker), but now when you do Tools->Add-Ins the Mathcad add-in should show up so you can enable it.

Top Tags