Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solve Block - Now a function of solving variable, too many arguments

SOLVED

Re: Solve Block - Now a function of solving variable, too many arguments

As a check, here is the completed excel file solving for the correct cooling outlet fliud temperature (as far as I know. I should have all mistakes fixed).

Highlighted

It is my impression that in Mathcad the while loop should repeat while the condition is true, and stop when it is false.

Thats the behaviour in any other programming language I know of, too.

The problem is again that you use the same name for different things as you did in your other sheet.

Chose different names for the higlighted variables.

The second time your loop is executed h_i is no function anymore because you redefined it as variable in the first run and therefore the error message. Its a shame that Prime is not more helpful in finding errors in programs.

temp.png

View solution in original post

Thank you! It works now! I just renamed h_i to h_int and h_o to h_ext and everything is working as it should. I appreciate your help on this. It has been bugging me to no end for the last week.

I would never have guessed that was the reason for the error. Coding wise, it seemed fine.

As a reference here are the completed files with respects to both programming and a solve block.

Once again, Thankyou for all of your prompt help on the forums. It has been a great aid to new users such as myself in learning to use Mathcad.

Sorry to bring up an old thread.  I cannot open these (Prime 2.0 and Mathcad 15).  It would be appreciated if someone could PDF both files.

Here you go.

Note that you can install Prime 4.0 Express (for free ! ) next to your existing Prime 2.

You could even work with its full capabilities for 30 days, after which it falls down to Express capabilities. This should NOT destroy your existing installation of Prime 2. Don't de-install your Prime 2 !

It will allow you to open any Prime sheet, and you may be able to copy expressions from Prime 4 to a Prime 2 sheet (with both applications open).

Success!
Luc

Here you are.

I had to modify both files as the OP used more than the page width (especially in the second file which is also the reason I changed the paper size to A3) and Prime does not offer a way to print more than the first page width.

But as Luc already said you could install Prime 4. I would not bet that it would leave your Prime 2 installation intact (incl. the ability to convert legacy real Mathcad sheets in Prime2 format), so i would suggest you make a backup before installing Prime 4 or even better you may try Prime 4 in a virtual machine (if prime allows to do so, not sure).

Announcements