cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Solve Block Units Not Compatible

ptc-3292367
1-Newbie

Solve Block Units Not Compatible

Hey everybody,

I am very new to MATHCAD Prime 2.0, and I'm having a problem with the Solve Block tool. If you see the attached, on page 3 I'm trying to solve two equations for two variables. I'm guessing there's a problem with my syntax, but I followed the help file on the subject and I can't see what the problem is. Can anyone offer any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-3292367)

Firstly welcome to the forum.

It's because f 'c doesn't have any units. At the top of the worksheet you divide by psi, see attached.

Mike

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Firstly welcome to the forum.

It's because f 'c doesn't have any units. At the top of the worksheet you divide by psi, see attached.

Mike

Wow, I didn't even think of that. Thank you so much. Now do you know by chance how to change the units put out by the the find() function? I'm looking for in and in^2 instead of ft and ft^2

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Have a look in the attached, I believe it's the only way to do it. When you have a mixed unit array Mathcad Prime defaults to the base unit.

Mike

Once again, you're the man. I actually modified on your idea and saved a step. See attached

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Once again, you're the man. I actually modified on your idea and saved a step. See attached

No problem at all. The problem with your approach is that you cannot use a or A.s as you haven't applied the results of the solve block to a variable.

Mike

Top Tags