cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Solve Block not accepting shortened functions

xtheriot
1-Newbie

Solve Block not accepting shortened functions

Hi there,

For one of my engineering classes, we are designing a fluid distribution system and this involves the use of mathcad because of the process.

We need iterative solutions to find our flow rates which in turn allows us to see our fluid velocities and pressure changes.

Initially, we had our code working, but we're running into problems when making it short to print out for our final report.

In our solve block, we are currently forced to use drawn out versions of our functions.

Not working 1.png

We tried a couple different ways of shortening it.

1)

Not working 2.png

and are getting this error

Not working 3.png

2)

Not working 4.png

and get the same error

Not working 5.png

What I don't understand is why the solve block works when the long, drawn out version of the function is used, but doesn't when it is shortened.

It should work. They are all equivalent.

I am solving for Q (flow rates) only.

I've attached the working version and the not working version of my sheet.

Can anyone clue me in as to why I'm getting this error?

1 REPLY 1
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:xtheriot)

If you wish to find Q, and DeltaP depends on Q, then Q must be passed as a parameter to a function DeltaP in the solve block. However, all the other variables (D, L, K, etc) are fixed, so you don't need them as parameters. So change your definition of DeltaP to this:

Modify all your equations in the solve block accordingly, by deleting the unnecessary parameters (sorry, I'm too lazy to do that for you )

Top Tags