cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Solve Block works with MCad 2001 but not with 15

ptc-4310378
1-Newbie

Solve Block works with MCad 2001 but not with 15

I just loaded MCad 15 and opened a file created with MCad 2001.

In the attached file on page 6, the Solve Block is flagged with and error message: "Something is wrong with the solve block used to define this function".

The same solve block works fine in 2001.

What rule am I breaking here for the block not to be functional in 15?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vladimir has beaten me to it, but I'll attach my solution anyway as it contains some words of explanation.

Alan

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

I edited your worksheet. Please see the attachment.

Thank you Vladimir.

I see that the Solve Block is now functional, great,.....but I haven't been able to figure out what you have edited....!?

Here, you'll need to use in the solve block Given-Find a lettered index. In Mathcad there are two types of indices:

1) An array index - introduced with the panel of the matrix and is used, for example, for an array element.

2) Lettered index ("literal subscript operator") - is inserted through the "." 'and is part of the variable name.

спасибо

пожалуйста

I also want to note that Mathcad 15 has the option to compare the documents and finding the differences between them "Compare Worksheets" (in main menu go to "Tools" -> "Compare Worksheets"):

Pic_0.png

Pic_1.png

Pic_2.png

Very useful feature. Thanks for the tip.

You're welcome.

Vladimir has beaten me to it, but I'll attach my solution anyway as it contains some words of explanation.

Alan

Thanks.....no wonder I had trouble tracing Vlad's "cosmetic" improvements. Much appreciated.

AlanStevens wrote:

Vladimir has beaten me to it...

Top Tags