cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Solve Block

ptc-2315322
1-Newbie

Solve Block

Solve Block Function is not working in mathcad-14

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There were a number of problems: 1. You had some multiply signs missing. 2. Your equations didn't match the ones on the right-hand page (you'd cubed 12 wherever it appeared). 3. M14 and 15 won't allow mixed units in a single vector. 4. Your initial guesses were such that the solve block wouldn't converge.

I've corrected these and the solve block works. However, the results are very sensitive to the initial guesses, so I would suggest you see if there is any way of reformulating the equations to remove this sensitivity.

Alan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

There were a number of problems: 1. You had some multiply signs missing. 2. Your equations didn't match the ones on the right-hand page (you'd cubed 12 wherever it appeared). 3. M14 and 15 won't allow mixed units in a single vector. 4. Your initial guesses were such that the solve block wouldn't converge.

I've corrected these and the solve block works. However, the results are very sensitive to the initial guesses, so I would suggest you see if there is any way of reformulating the equations to remove this sensitivity.

Alan

Top Tags