cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Solve Blocks

ptc-6780633
1-Newbie

Solve Blocks

I have a problem with my solve blocks in both Prime 2.0 and 15 that I was hoping someone might know how to solve.

I was trying to follow this nice example (example on left, my work on right), but as you can see, once I get to the givens, the expression gets evaluated on the right side before I have a chance to enter the value it's supposed to equal.

I couldn't find this mentioned in any of the solve block tutorials (for either prime 2.0 or 15). Does anyone have a suggestion to how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

Capture.PNG

You can't have two solve blocks side by side in MC15 unless you put at least one completely in a text region.

For further questions please attach you worksheet as usually its hard to impossible to debug a picture.

As you have noticed you can't simply copy and paste a picture in the text. But you could have edited your original post instead of posting an additonal one.

Hi,

You have the first 2 types of equals for mathcad.

1 := the assignment

and

2 = the evaluation

Now for the solve block there is a third

here you need to use the 'boolean equals' = and in the work sheet it will show up in bold.

this doesn't define values, but rather the relationship between variables.

It can be typed as "<ctrl> = "

or selected from the boolean toolbar on the menu at the top of the mathcad window.

Regards

Andy

Don't bother with Prime 2, it's nearly worthless unless you're trying to learn the editor.

See version 15 attached.

Remember Mathcad evaluates left to right and top to bottom.

Top Tags