cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Solve MathCad Prime Equation

malmeida2019
7-Bedrock

Solve MathCad Prime Equation

As resol for as equações para encontrar o valor de xEquação.jpg e eu sou novo no mathCad Eu uso o MathCad Prime 5.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

B.png

Furthermore you have to consider that x^2 = 36 has two solution! Not only x=6 but also x=-6.

So you will get four solution pairs.

But as you have squared (which is no equivalence transformation) you may get "solutions" which aren't solution to the original problem and you have to filter out those wrong solutions and only the one pair which Prime came up with from the beginning should be left. As you limit your manual calculation to just three decimals I won't expect too much precision - probably no more than one decimal.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

solve-float.png

With the Solve block

solve-float-1.png

this same exercise solved in the hand presents different values, see:Equação1.jpgEquação2.jpg

this same exercise solved in the hand presents different values, see:

Equação1.jpgEquação2.jpg

Are these simplifications shown in the example possible in MathCad?
I would take the opportunity, and ask for materials, tutorials on mathcad prime. tks

The first error I found:

B.png

Looks like you typed 600*48 instead of 600*18

I thank my friend, I changed the numbers

I made the calculations in hand, and even then the results do not hit mathcad, which may be happening

Equação3a.jpgEquação3b.jpgEquação3c.jpg

B.png

Furthermore you have to consider that x^2 = 36 has two solution! Not only x=6 but also x=-6.

So you will get four solution pairs.

But as you have squared (which is no equivalence transformation) you may get "solutions" which aren't solution to the original problem and you have to filter out those wrong solutions and only the one pair which Prime came up with from the beginning should be left. As you limit your manual calculation to just three decimals I won't expect too much precision - probably no more than one decimal.

Thanks a lot for the friend's explanation, and I would like to ask for some indication about subject books and tutorials. Tks

Book "Essential PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0" by Brent Maxfield: https://www.elsevier.com/books/essential-ptc-mathcad-prime-30/maxfield/978-0-12-410410-5

Book.jpg

You may learn a lot from the help. OK, Mathcad's help sure was better structurized and easier to follow than Prime's help is, but I guess you still can profit by the examples given there. And when I look back how I started with Mathcad a long time ago it was by doing, trial and error, using the help and most importantly reading a lot in the old collab forum. Unfortunately, this forum here is just a poor imitation of it, but it's all we have left and hopefully still is of some use to you.

Furthermore a while ago PTC shared some worksheets for free which may also help you on the way. They withdrawed some of them, asking for money now, but some of them still are freely downloadable from this forum (but hard to find unless you know what to look for, I guess).

Here is the overview page

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/PTC-Mathcad-All-Worksheets/td-p/450684

and here is kind of a tutorial you may find useful

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Calculate-and-Communicate-with-PTC-Mathcad-Prime-3-0/m-p/449240#M176779

Good luck and free feel to use this forum for asking in case you get stuck.

Top Tags