cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Solve block or programming?

Ermis76
1-Newbie

Solve block or programming?

Hi!

I´m new to mathcad and i would like to solve x in the attached file. There is a angle x who gives the right τxy.

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am not sure what kind of equation or system of equations you are trying to solve.

Let me state first that the equation you want to solve have to be written using the boolean (fat) equal sign. You get from the Boolean Toolbar or using the appropriate keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-+).

I see three assignments which could qualify as equations. But that way we have some problems. The first and third equations are identical, so we have only two independend equations, but three variables, x, sigma.cy and sigma.sy. So if this is what you want you have to solve for all three variables and maybe you need also a third equation if you expect a unique solution. But guess you have something different in mind.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I am not sure what kind of equation or system of equations you are trying to solve.

Let me state first that the equation you want to solve have to be written using the boolean (fat) equal sign. You get from the Boolean Toolbar or using the appropriate keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-+).

I see three assignments which could qualify as equations. But that way we have some problems. The first and third equations are identical, so we have only two independend equations, but three variables, x, sigma.cy and sigma.sy. So if this is what you want you have to solve for all three variables and maybe you need also a third equation if you expect a unique solution. But guess you have something different in mind.

Top Tags