cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Solving Equations Symbollicaly, cyclic dependancy?

Pixel123
3-Visitor

Solving Equations Symbollicaly, cyclic dependancy?

Dear All,

I'm using Mathcad Prime to solve an electronics problem. I want to calculate the potential difference between node p and n. I have equations for Vp and Vn. However I cannot solve Vp-Vn without having Vp or Vn in the result? In Mathcad 15 this is simply done with "given-find" structure, but this isn't present in Mathcad Prime?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your problem so far stated is easy enough to be solved symbolically. I would use a two step procedure to do so:

B1.png

But as Terry already wrote Prime offers solve blocks, too. They look definitely ugly and tale up more space and one drawback is that we cannot combine solve block with symbolic evaluation. But solve blocks are there and can be used otherwise as in real Mathcad (use non-real guesses if you want Prime to give you non-real solutions, too):

B1.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

On the Math Tab of the ribbon you will find second from the left a solve block button.  This is used now instead of the given of mathcad 15.  Try it out and see how you go.  given values at the top, constraints in the middle, solver at the bottom.

For the bottom solver you need to go to the Functions Tab on the ribbon upper left is solving.  You will find "find" on the drop down menu.

Cheers

Your problem so far stated is easy enough to be solved symbolically. I would use a two step procedure to do so:

B1.png

But as Terry already wrote Prime offers solve blocks, too. They look definitely ugly and tale up more space and one drawback is that we cannot combine solve block with symbolic evaluation. But solve blocks are there and can be used otherwise as in real Mathcad (use non-real guesses if you want Prime to give you non-real solutions, too):

B1.png

Thank you very much, this makes it clear and perfectly solves my issue!

Top Tags