cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Solving a multi-var equation of matrices

JonD1
1-Newbie

Solving a multi-var equation of matrices

I am trying to get a matrix of numeric answers for a single variable in a multi-variable equation. The equation can't be rearranged symbolically for the variable in question. My desire is to input a matrix of values for two of the three variables, and get out a single-column matrix (array?) of values for the last variable.

Attached you'll find the equation and a subset of the data I'm trying to work with (there are hundreds of data points). Page two is a failed attempt to try it in a solve block (tried both Find() and Minerr() operands). [MathCad 2001i, Windows 2000 - I have access to MathCad 14 on a Windows XP machine if necessary]

~Jon

8 REPLIES 8

Plot graphs to see the problem! See attached.

Alan

Note: I've edited this to attach a corrected workfile.

Message was edited by: Alan Stevens

Saved 2001i in yellow

jmG

Thank you for the solution! It doesn't work in 2001i, but does work in later versions of MathCad (I tried it in MathCad14).

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jeanGiraud)

jean Giraud wrote:

Saved 2001i in yellow

jmG

Jean,

RED in Mathcad 14.

Mike

Can also use Mathcad's root function. Two methods in the attached worksheet, saved in 2001i format (but not tested in 2001i).

Alan

Thank you both! Both are great solutions. Problem solved.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:AlanStevens)

Alan Stevens wrote:

Can also use Mathcad's root function. Two methods in the attached worksheet, saved in 2001i format (but not tested in 2001i).

Alan

Alan,

Is that worksheet posted in the correct thread?

Mike

Mike wrote

"Is that worksheet posted in the correct thread?"

Mike,

I think so. Compare the name of the attachment with that of the original one posted by JonD. Also, JonD seems happy with the solution!

Alan

Top Tags