cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Solving an Equation Numerically with Mathcad Prime 2.0

JohnDoe
2-Guest

Solving an Equation Numerically with Mathcad Prime 2.0

Dear Mathcad fans,

I just downloaded a trial version for mathcad prime 2.0 and I want to solve an equation numerically in the field of microwave engineering.

First I defined my constants C1:=1.2pF (picofarad); C2:=1.03pF and L:=10*10^-9 H (Henry) (Why there is no nanohenry nH in Matchcad Prime?!)

Then I opened Solve Block.

In Guess Value I put w:=1GHz (Gigahertz)

In Constraints I put (or mor accurately: try to put) my equation (1/(j*w*C1-j/w*L)+1/j*w*C2)=0

The problem is when I put the "=" character Mathcad automatically calculates the value for w=1 and gives me the result. But that's not what I want! I want to get the value of w for which the whole expression (1/(j*w*C1-j/w*L)+1/j*w*C2) equals zero.

Any help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The solve block works ok if you use 'Ctrl=' (see attached) 'Ctrl=' should work, but you can also find the comparative equality sign under Operators on the Ribbon, Then under Comparison it's the second from the left on the top line.

Alan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nas0k
7-Bedrock
(To:JohnDoe)

Try using: "control =" (evaluation 😃 instead.

Please provide a copy of your worksheet. It will help the collab...

Norm

Thank you for the quick reply.

In the attachment you find a copy of my woksheet.

P.S. the "control =" doesn't work. when I hit "control"+"=" simultaneously nothing happens. Is there any icon representing the mentioned shortcut?

The solve block works ok if you use 'Ctrl=' (see attached) 'Ctrl=' should work, but you can also find the comparative equality sign under Operators on the Ribbon, Then under Comparison it's the second from the left on the top line.

Alan

Thank you very much

Top Tags