cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Solving an equation

pgutowski
1-Newbie

Solving an equation

Hello everyone,

I'm new new to using PTC Mathcad and I'm wondering, if there is a method to solve a trigonometric equation with infinite number of solutions (let's say I need just a few of them) and not using given/find structure.

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:pgutowski)

Turn the solve block into a function of Bi and z. Then you can pass it different values of Bi and guess values

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

What's wrong with the Given-Find structure?

Symbolic solve ist limited but you may have luck finding solutions to meet a certain constraint using "assume" or fiind "all" solutions using the keyword "fully".

You may use a solve block with symbolic evaluation, too, but I'd prefer the solve command.

Regards Werner

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, I still have a problem with this exemple, but now I am able to show you exactly what I mean.

Let's say, I have to solve this. I need at least 7-8 first solutions of this equation. I could use given/find, but I would like to change parameter Bi in the future and then I would have to change guess values as well. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

math.jpg

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Turn the solve block into a function of Bi and z. Then you can pass it different values of Bi and guess values

Top Tags