cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Solving multiple equations using an array

swahlgren
1-Newbie

Solving multiple equations using an array

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to solve x-mount of equations with an equal amount of solutions. However, when I try to use an array in my solve-block I don't get a solution and the amount of equations makes it extremely impractical to solve the equations without using an array.

The attached mathcad 15 document is NOT the actual problem but the array-issue is the same.

Any help will be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just leave away the vector indices and range variable i - use the vectors themselves.

1.png

In your real problem it may also be necessary to use vectorization.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Just leave away the vector indices and range variable i - use the vectors themselves.

1.png

In your real problem it may also be necessary to use vectorization.

Don't use subscripts within a solve block (and Find is ok here) - see attached.

Alan

I see Werner beat me to it!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:swahlgren)

Just get rid of the subscripts.

WoW - three nearly identical answers about at the same time. Given the time stamp Alan was first and has beaten us by one minute, so why is his answer in second position?

EDIT: Now that Alam has edited his post, the time stamps are equal (to the minute).

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

You original time stamp was 9:31. Then both you and Alan edited you posts, which in your case bumped the time stamp to 9:32.

Anyway, I guess Søren got the answer

You are right, I edized my post, too (and immedeatly forgot about).

Hope it will work for Søren's actual sheet, too.

Sorry Alan for misspelling your name in my last post.

I was much impressed with the quickness and assumed that the top answer was given first! However, it didn't fully apply to my actual problem and I've thus created a new question with the actual expression. Maybe that'll take you more than 9 seconds to crack that one?

Top Tags