cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Some results are in parentheses

DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone

Some results are in parentheses

Hello

In MathCad Prime I always got certain results in parentheses and I do not know why there is this kind of representation and what are the conditions.

Kind regards.

Denis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Denis Jaunin wrote:

Hello

In MathCad Prime I always got certain results in parentheses and I do not know why there is this kind of representation and what are the conditions.

Kind regards.

Denis

It appears to happen when the number is in exponent format (eg 3x10^2).  If you go to the Math Formatting tab in the Ribbon and choose Decimal instead of general the parentheses disappear.  I don't know whether there is an option to turn it off or why it's there in the first place for a simple scalar result.

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Denis Jaunin wrote:

Hello

Kind regards.

Denis

It appears to happen when the number is in exponent format (eg 3x10^2).  If you go to the Math Formatting tab in the Ribbon and choose Decimal instead of general the parentheses disappear.  I don't know whether there is an option to turn it off or why it's there in the first place for a simple scalar result.

Stuart

Hello Stuart,

Actually that is correct, if you change the format of the result the parentheses disappear.

Kind regards.

Denis.

Top Tags