cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Sorry, Help me please. frequency plot, .wav

kkhaikrut
1-Newbie

Sorry, Help me please. frequency plot, .wav

I use Mathcad Prime 2.0 .i'm doing follow http://cadcam-plm.blogspot.com/2011/09/mathcad-z-j-is-for-jazz.html . but can't plot XY .And it's have show error message "The number of plotted points must be less than 50,000" . Can you help me? I want to use it. Thanks very much so much.

Regards,

Kitkaseam Khaikrut

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Running READWAV returned 81,579 points. You can crop it by using the SUBMATRIX function.

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Mathcad Prime 2 limits you to 50,000 points. So if your WAV file is too "large" (either too long in time, or frequency too high), you'll have to crop it if you want to visualize it.

The limit will be raised to 500,000 points in Prime 3.

Can you sample for me,please?

thanks very much

Regards,

Kikaseam Khaikrut

Running READWAV returned 81,579 points. You can crop it by using the SUBMATRIX function.

Untitled.png

Thanks very much so much

if reduce row of voice what effect will have on the plot ?

Kitkaseam Khaikrut

It does mean that you cannot analyze the whole of your signal. Use Mathcad 15 to do so.

The 50k points linit is ridiulous. But the promised 500k in P3 still would not be enough.

BTW, Roger, when is P3 about to be rolled out?

And what about the 5k points limit in P2? Over 5k point I won't be allowed to change linethickness or line style. Is anybody thinking about what he is doing in develeopment of "new" Mathcad? Remember - you call it version 2 and sell it as successor of Mathcad 15, which it definiteley isn't.

Kitkaseam, when you crop the number of points in the WAV file, you are only analyzing that portion of the signal. As Werner states, you can actually analyze the whole signal, and visualize parts of it. You just can't visualize the whole result if it's more than 50,000 points.

Werner, Prime 3 is slated for the end of summer. So July/August time frame. I completely agree with you in terms of the plotting inadequacies. The development team is definitely looking to address them.

Roger, please check to your private message box.

Thanks very much,Roger and Werner

Regards,

Kitkaseam Khaikrut

Top Tags