cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Spam

TomGutman
1-Newbie

Spam

I just received e-mail from this site asking me to follow somw thread. This is spam, pure and simple. I get enough spam from other sources, I don't need spam from here also. This place is unpleasant enough with sending out spam.

7 REPLIES 7

Thanks Tom,

Your remark is well "à propos" and in support of many collabs, including myself, "This XXXX contains secure and unsecured items". As it looks: a video and images site. Extremely hard to collaborate and that when in good mood. I know a collab who often has an empty bag of mood .

jmG

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:TomGutman)

I went and switched off all the notifications because I was getting a lot of them, and they weren't informative enough, so I gave up on them. I did have some notifications set on the old collaboratory but limited it to the useful ones 😉

Philip

Tom, can you forward me the email you received?

Tom,

I suspect you are referring to the weekly email digest of your activity? You can easily turn these off by managing your preferences.

See also How to mange your email notification and subscriptions

-BostonDan

I thought it will be a consequence of Planet PTC that I will have to suffer and bare that my mail box will be infested by pages and pages of of unsolicited mail. I don't think it should be so. The "Lockers" was classified spam by my server but not Boston Dan and I had a full page of that stuff. No logic in them either, some are just the original of the poster , most are reply in the community. Apparently, there is no means of filtering penetration into "discussion groups", the answer is: proved true ... Akiva was such a source of invasion because of the e-mail in the forum. My e-mail is only resident in Planet PTC, how come in few minutes a "spamer" got the Boston Dan message to Tom in my e-mail box ???

Jean,

I can't see your set up but it could be a few things. You have 'Yes' selected for "Automatically receive notifications for all discussions I reply to:", you can update that in Email Notification Preferences.

receivediscussionemail.png

Or the thread is on your watchlist, which can be removed by checking off the box and clicking "Remove Selected Notifications." This is located in your profile under Manage Email Notifications

watchlist.png

Or you elected to follow and receive notfications of certain sub-communities

ActionsNotifications.png

-BostonDan

I've already turned off all automatic notifications. This was not a notification of a particular post. It was an invitation to follow a thread, one I had never heard off. This is something I don't need. This site is unpleasant enough without extra spam from it.

Top Tags