cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spell check

Garnet

Spell check

Hello,

Is there any spell checker in MC Prime? If yes, where is it?

Tags (2)
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Spell check

There are features that are more important, lacking from Prime.

It just isn't there yet.

See also here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/Spelling-in-the-new-Mathcad-Prime/m-p/58719#M2328...

Success!
Luc

Nothing is more important than spell check.  You could have an analysis with all the esoteric calculations, but if you have a few typos, it really makes a bad impression.

If MC wants to expand its user base, it needs to have all the basic functions of Word and Powerpoint. Doing the calc part in MC and doing a presentation in Word or Powerpoint, and then copying and pasting, and linking files is a great hassle.

This issue should have higher priority than adding complex and esoteric math functions which are used by few people. Most users just use MC for regular Math stuff

"Nothing is more important than spell check"

In a calculation program?  Really?

I (and many) have been struggling along pasting excerpts from Mathcad files into Word and PowerPoint to create documents.

If you need a spell check, don't you also need tables of content, tables and figures?  How about footnotes and end notes?  Lists of references?

I'd rather have better graphing capability than a spell check, if we're voting.-*-

I guess that is the question.

Does MC want to remain a calculation program, or does it want to be a comprhensive Technical Report generator/program?

If microsoft introduces a "calculation area" like mathcad in its office suite with a few basic functions, greek symbols, subscript superscript etc. then MC wil lose a big chunk of it's client base overnite.

ooppps "comprehensive"

@jdesai-2 wrote:

If MC wants to expand its user base, it needs to have all the basic functions of Word and Powerpoint.

If PTC wants to expand its MC user base it needs to implement all the features that we had in Mathcad 15, but are missing in Prime. That happens to include a spell checker.

The subscription only model needs to go too.

If you think a few function in Word would suffice, then I think you seriously underestimate the complexity of many calculations that people do in Mathcad.

I am sure you and your peers are regularly solving the Navier Stokes equation with viscosity and complex Deviatoric stress tensors, but my point is that most folks do not use that level of complexity.

Most of the 100+ grunts in my office simply use MC lite, and for each MC license sold to a "Heisenberg Uncertainity Principle Guru", MC sell 10 licenses to folks like me, who need a spell check.

Nope!  Sorry, I'm just another grunt engineer.  Much of my Mathcad is Mc/I and P/A.

I agree that there's a whole bunch of Mathcad that I most likely will never use.  Recognise, however, that most of that could get imported from published sources (Mathcad runs "C" behind the GUI.)

So I'll continue to wish that Prime could draw gridlines in its graphs and prioritize that above a spell check.

(Kind of wish Microsoft had bought Mathcad to integrate into Word rather than PTC integrating it into CREO!)