cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Spline fit

swahlgren
1-Newbie

Spline fit

I'm familiar with using the spline and interp functions in Mathcad to use spline-interpolation of a dataset. Considering a situation where the dataset is noisy, I'd like to be able to fit a spline of n-degrees of freedom rather than creating a spline that goes through all datapoints. I can't find any help in the Mathcad documentation so input from you guys would be much appreciated.

I can see it exists for Matlab: File Exchange - MATLAB Central

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:swahlgren)

In Mathcad 15, go to "Help", "E-books", "Data Analysis Extension Pack", Under "Non-parametric fitting / Interpolation", choose "B-Splines and Least-Squares Splines". If you are using Prime I'll have to figure out where the information is.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

In Mathcad 15, go to "Help", "E-books", "Data Analysis Extension Pack", Under "Non-parametric fitting / Interpolation", choose "B-Splines and Least-Squares Splines". If you are using Prime I'll have to figure out where the information is.

I'm afraid no E-books are available for me, can it be attached here?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Which version of Mathcad are you using?

Here's the relevant section, but if you don't have the Data Analysis Extension pack installed then spline2 will not work.

Found it; just had to browse to the handbook file. Thanks man!

Spline fit a strange name. Must be spline interpolation!

Must be spline interpolation!

Not if it's a least squares spline.

Top Tags