cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Stack of Element of matrix

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

Stack of Element of matrix

Dear all
1.When i substitute all variables results of y(i,x) matrix in matrix and hard to plot, How can plot y(i,x) ?

2.After I can not do 1 above I try to manual by stack but Results still  Matrix in matrix,Can we automatic stack the element of matrix y(i,x) (red circle in attachment) ?
3.Or you can revise my technique to better and easy?

thank you

SPRstructur_0-1599041157397.png

SPRstructur_1-1599041169437.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here is a variant that tries to suppress the vertical line segments between the parabolic segments.

Werner_E_0-1599136959452.png

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hi,

There are predefined functions stack() and augment().

Look them up in help as they are pretty self explanatory.

Cheers

Terry

Can you plot the function y(i,x) ? Without user input one by one 

1) What you get are not pure vectors  or matrices because you mix ranges (i) and vectors

2)a) Whats the reason for defining vectors with three times the same value

2)b) What kind of plot do you expect with all values being the same?

Werner_E_0-1599056288781.png

3) It looks to me that you are not aware the when you define

Werner_E_1-1599056344217.png

you are already defining a nested vector

Werner_E_2-1599056395953.png

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

Dear Werner_E
After I remove i (iteration) it still be nest matrix.
My purpose i wanna construct Parabolic Equation continue (n metric)  y=a(x-h)^2+k in single matrix and then we can do matrix operation.
Thank you

SPRstructur_0-1599103084468.png

Not sure, but if the goal is to plot a periodic function, you may use the "mod" function to do the job:

Werner_E_0-1599115442499.png

Prime 6 sheet attached

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

Thank u Werner_E

But L have different length L1#L2#L3#...#Ln

SPRstructur_0-1599115812169.png

Your L-values were all the same in your initial sheet!

Maybe something like the attached could help?
Personally I prefer programs and functions over vectors and ranges on worksheet level.

Werner_E_0-1599126450050.png

Prime 6 sheet attached

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

Thank u

it relate to L,t,y1,x1,k,h are matrices
I will test your sheet i will return ask more if not working
Thank you for your help

SPRstructur_1-1599126871990.png

You never used "t" in your initial sheet.

Furthermore - if you wanted to work with individual and different values of "y" and "k" for each parabola, you should have used different values in the first place.

My program assumes the same upper and lower values (y and k) for each parabola, but the program could be easily adapted  - you simply would use "idx" to chose the correct value for each parabola.

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

Please Could you do for me? Werner

Thank you

See attachment

Here is a variant that tries to suppress the vertical line segments between the parabolic segments.

Werner_E_0-1599136959452.png

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

I try to add matrix x and h but not working

SPRstructur_1-1599184875286.png

.) Your modified function is constant as the argument x (of f(x)) is never used. So the graph would be a horizontal line.

.) Not sure but it looks to me that the plot area is a bit higher than the definition of the range x

.) defining the range x for plotting overwrites the three element vector x you defined at the top. I have no idea what you think that this vector is supposed to do.

.) you again have vectors with all the same values. For testing purposes you should use different values if this is mandatory, otherwise use a simple variable with the one and only value.

.) your vector h does not make any sense, just use L1/2 in the program. Didn't you notice the the first step in the program creates a vector h? This will overwrite your vector h anyway!

Top Tags