cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Stacked Fractions in Mathcad 15

StevenPorter
1-Newbie

Stacked Fractions in Mathcad 15

As far as I know, vertically-stacked fractions are always displayed in Mathcad equations. Is there a way to display fractions in "x/y" format? This would be helpful for powers with fractions, e.g., x^(y/z) in large equations with lots of powers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you looking for something like this:

1.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Are you looking for something like this:

1.png

Yes, that's exactly what I need to do. Thank you.

athurin
4-Participant
(To:StevenPorter)

I think I know the answer, but just in case ... Is it possible to do the same in Mathcad Prime ?

Adrien Thurin wrote:

I think I know the answer, but just in case ... Is it possible to do the same in Mathcad Prime ?

Given that you mean the last of the three examples - of course not - you really knew it, didn't you?

athurin
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

I still have a little bit of faith in PTC (don't worry, it wont last very long), so I would say I was about 95% sure about the answer. But just in case ...

There is not that much missing in Prime, though. All we would need is the ability to write a fucntion call of a function with two arguments in inline notation. The Strg-K trick can be replaced by the textstring-delete trick.

So the best we can come up in Prime is something like this:

1.png

athurin
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Well, turns out I was right to ask the question, since I didn't know the horizontal divide symbol was available in Prime. My faith in PTC wasn't completely misplaced after all

Top Tags