cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Strange Problem with MathCAD 15 Installation

MarkLaris
1-Newbie

Strange Problem with MathCAD 15 Installation

I was on an extended trip to Moscow recently and found I needed a copy of MathCAD for my notebook (I had it installed on my desktop in my office but did not anticipate needing it on my notebook as well). Therefore, I bought a copy from a computer store in Moscow, the language was Russian/English and installed it on my laptop. Everything installed fine and when I open MathCAD normally bu clicking on the MathCAD icon, again everything is fine. However, if I double click on a MathCAD calculation, it opens in MathCAD, as you'd expect, but all of the menus are in Russian. If I then go to Tools => Properties => Language, English is selected as the language, however, it's in Russian. That is, "American English" is spelled out using Cyrillic letters spelling "American English" in Russian. I'm almost thinking this is a bug. Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone know if there is a fix?

Mark

3 REPLIES 3

Hello!

I think that you bought the unlicensed (counterfeit) version of program Mathcad. Since license Mathcad in Russia is on sale only through the authorized resellers (VAR), and they already make out the order of disks through site PTC (in section "Software Downloads").

P.S. Anyway, here is how looks change of language from Russian on English in Russian version Mathcad 15:

Mathcad_Rus.jpg

Mathcad_Rus2.jpg

P.S. Anyway, here is how looks change of language from Russian on English in Russian version Mathcad 15:

That's a little discouraging as I paid more for this version of MathCAD 15 than I did for the licensed copy on my desktop, but as the say "buyer beware". As for the solution, yes I was able to change the language as you suggested and when I open up MathCAD by clicking on the icon, it comes up in American English. However, when I double click on a MathCAD calculation, it opens in Russian. A solution to this problem is, however, moot as this is not a licensed (legal) version of MathCAD. Thanks for your help,

Mark

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:MarkLaris)

However, when I double click on a MathCAD calculation, it opens in Russian. A solution to this problem is, however, moot as this is not a licensed (legal) version of MathCAD.

Do you mean when you double click on an existing file?

Mike

Top Tags