cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Stretching a plot

bobg100x
8-Gravel

Stretching a plot

Mathcad Help, under Component Structure, states that “The plot area…displays the plot of the X and Y expressions defined in the Inputs area. You can use the component block handles to resize the chart area in the x, y, or both directions.” I want to "stretch" a surface plot in the y direction only- -leaving the x and z dimensions of the plot as they are now- -but cannot access the abovementioned “handles” to do this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Primes plotting capabilites are VERY limited and especially the 3D-plot is extremely inferior.

PTC was not able to develop a decent plot feature and so they decided in Prime 5 to add a third party chart component which they integrated into the program quite poorly.

I guess the description you cited is für this third party chart component (which is for 2D-plots only) and does not apply to the 3D-plots.  So I guess the formatting  which you have in mind simply can't be done with the Prime 3D-plot.

I interpreted your question so that you look for something like this (done in Mathcad 15):

Werner_E_0-1580140155727.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:bobg100x)

Click on the upper-right corner of the 3D plot area.

Then choose your axis, then change the scale.

Success!
Luc

Thank you for taking a look at my problem. Unfortunately, your suggestion did not work.

Primes plotting capabilites are VERY limited and especially the 3D-plot is extremely inferior.

PTC was not able to develop a decent plot feature and so they decided in Prime 5 to add a third party chart component which they integrated into the program quite poorly.

I guess the description you cited is für this third party chart component (which is for 2D-plots only) and does not apply to the 3D-plots.  So I guess the formatting  which you have in mind simply can't be done with the Prime 3D-plot.

I interpreted your question so that you look for something like this (done in Mathcad 15):

Werner_E_0-1580140155727.png

Thanks for your input. I am extremely disappointed that the software cannot provide a decent-looking surface plot.

@bobg100x wrote:
Thanks for your input. I am extremely disappointed that the software cannot provide a decent-looking surface plot.

You are not the only one who is disappointed with Prime.

Top Tags