cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

String Functions - New Line Command

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

String Functions - New Line Command

I am working on a project that requires a lot of text to be imported in a Prime 6 worksheet.  The text is reformat and saved to a Excel worksheet to improve its presentation.  This is pretty straight forward as shown on the attached PDF file.  (The Prime worksheet and support excel files are too big to post).  In going through the string commands, there is an option for new line command \n.  I have seen this in other programs, but not sure how to use it Prime.  There may be cases for it use.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:tietjee)

CR and LF , the Carriage Return and Line Feed are ASCII character numbers 13 and 10 respectively. You can create them as a string with vec2str(stack (13,10)) and concatenate them to another string.
Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:tietjee)

CR and LF , the Carriage Return and Line Feed are ASCII character numbers 13 and 10 respectively. You can create them as a string with vec2str(stack (13,10)) and concatenate them to another string.
Success!
Luc
tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:LucMeekes)

Luc,  Thank you the information.  Works with other ASCII characters, should have remebered

David

FDS
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Hi Luc, I am not able to duplicate the CR LF trick. Other ascii code does work but not 13, 10. Could you provide me with a small worksheet that works so that I can see whether it is a computer setting or a misunderstanding from my side. I am using MC 15.050

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:FDS)

What is the problem?

LucMeekes_0-1577704196220.png

Success!
Luc

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Attached is a Prime 6 worksheet.

FDS
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Thank you Luc, my mistake was that I thought CrLf would show up. I should have done some further trying.

Have a nice year end and a splendid start in 2020!

Top Tags