cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Structure / threading for discussions

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Structure / threading for discussions

Are these discussions going to have some kind of structure, with different forums and decent threading of a discussion so we can see who replied to who?

I'll test the file upload while I'm posting.

woohoo.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the same forums as on the Collab are in the process of migrating here.

Mona

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:RichardJ)

The animation in the embedded gif I posted is dead. Is that a "feature" or a bug? You can see it if you click on it, but it would be much better if it were always animated.

Also, the file I uploaded now has an additional .zip extension. It's not a zip file though, and if I change the extension back to xmcdz it's also not a Mathcad file. So what is it?

Richard

Yes, the same forums as on the Collab are in the process of migrating here.

Mona

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:mzeftel)

I note that there is an indication of which message one is replying to, but I can't seen a structure to it - it still shows as a flat list. Is there a configuration setting that will show structure by indentation (or whatever)?

That's interesting. My message in response to Mona's message shows as slightly indented, but Mona's and Richard's responses to Richard's original message are flat.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:StuartBruff)

Perhaps just because those were very early posts, and the forum was not fully implemented?

Is there a help file for this 'great new world' of PlanetPTC. I can't see a help button!

I'm having difficulty seeing the wood for the trees!.

I'm niot sure what to expect where. For example, how is the previous PTC MathCAD forum being merged with the MathCAD Collaboratory?

Which camapbilities of the old MathCAD collab are still present, and which have gone?

I liked to be able to see the thread structure on the left and see my selected thread on the right. Now it looks like I can't have that. Is that correct?

Will I be able to see the 'new thread and replies', in MathCAD , in one button click.

Philip

Also my home collab account name is locked for this forum, while my work account is open. Is it supposed to be?

philip.oakley wrote:

Is there a help file for this 'great new world' of PlanetPTC. I can't see a help button!

That would be useful. Or perhaps a button that takes you on a quick tour of what is where?

Right now though, you just have to wander around and figure things out.

I liked to be able to see the thread structure on the left and see my selected thread on the right. Now it looks like I can't have that. Is that correct?

I think that's history

vroberts
6-Contributor
(To:RichardJ)

Why is PTC hiding this forum? The old forum has been locked since May 13, and still does not point users of that forum to this one. The Support/Forum tab at ptc.com also points users to the old, locked forum. So, in addition to the difficultly of using this new forum, we have very few of the old uesrs here. (I would have started a new thread, but can't see any way to do that at the top level.

Has PTC jumpted the shark?

Vic Roberts

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:vroberts)

This forum is not yet officially open. The latest time frame given is the second week of June. This was posted to the Collaboratory, which is temporarily open again:

http://collab.mathsoft.com/~Mathcad2000/read?134886,2

Hopefully a lot of the problems with this forum will either be resolved by the time it opens, or shortly thereafter.

Richard,

I'm impressed, 6363 posts in only one month? Wow!!!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:IRstuff)

My keyboard is still hot to the touch!

Actually, if you look back up the thread Mona has 2070 posts since May 11 2010 (same starting date as me). You have 7523 posts since Jun 1 2007. Stuart has 4108 posts since Jun 1 2007. I have no idea where these dates came from. Or the number of posts for that matter, which do not match the total number the Collab shows.

On the home page for the PTC Mathcad forums: http://www.ptc.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=29 there is a "Visit today" link that points here.

Top Tags